Kids’ Chance Scholarship Overview
Kids’ Chance of NH is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization that provides scholarships for children of workers that have been killed or seriously injured in a compensable work-related accident or occupational disease. Scholarships are awarded once a year and students may apply every year for which they are eligible. Award will be based on sole discretion of the Kids’ Chance New Hampshire Board of Directors.
- Child who is a dependent of a worker killed or seriously injured in a compensable work-related accident or occupational disease with a New Hampshire employer.
- Accepted or already enrolled at a university, college or technical school. (Graduate-level students are not eligible.)
- Pursuing a degree as a FULL OR PART-TIME student.
- Completed Kids’ Chance Scholarship Application with student, family and university/college/technical school contact information
- Transcript of most recent grades – unofficial transcript is acceptable
- Brief description of the applicant’s education and career goals
- Copy of deceased parent’s death certificate OR
- Proof of compensable injury/illness claim such as determination letter by the state workers’ compensation board
- Parents’ basic employer information such as name, address, phone
- Brief description of the injury, illness, or fatality
- Two letters of reference
- Please complete the application to the best of your ability. You may need assistance to gather the necessary information.
- After initial review, the scholarship committee may contact eligible students to verify information or secure missing information. Please respond to our inquiries.
- The scholarship committee will determine the merit of each application and approve scholarships as funds allow.
- Kids’ Chance will notify approved students of their award amount, verify enrollment, and upon completion of the process, will send payment directly to the post-secondary institution.
- In general, Kids’ Chance scholarships may be used for any item included in the official Cost of Attendance, unless restricted by the state organization
Deadline: February 1st
Via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Via mail: 500 North Commercial Street Suite 301 Manchester NH 03101
Questions? Please contact us BEFORE the deadline via email at email@example.com